CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dinosaurs Activity

I do a big dinosaur unit, 5 weeks, with my second graders and they love it! To conclude the unit we have a celebration, party, and go "digging for dinosaurs."
That morning we make Dirt Pudding and bury dino fruit snacks. Then we put it in frig till the party in the afternoon.
For the party we only have what meat and plant eating dinos would eat. So we set up a salad bar and I put either cocktail sausages or meatballs in my crockpot. I cook them in back of my room for about an hour or two before we start the party.
To conclude our party,do after we eat, they go "digging for dinosaurs" with dino eggs I get from Dollar Store. By the way, you can shop the Dollar Store online.
Anyway, the eggs have different dino skeleton bones buried inside. Student pretend paleontologist and use their tools, comes in each egg package, to chisel away at their egg. Each student gets a package that has name of dino they are searching for, plastic chisel and brush, and stand put dino on when complete. Below are a fee pictures of this activity.



















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment