CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Composition Notebooks

This is the time of year I start looking for good deals on composition notebooks at Staples, Walmart, etc. I use them for a variety of things in my classroom for students and myself.  Here is a list of ways I use composition notebooks;
1. Science Notebooks- try to buy the notebooks in blue or green
2. Interactive Notebooks- work in variety of subjects, students take notes or glue things I give them on the right side of page.  They show me what they know or have learned on the left side, the creative side of brain.  They have to use pictures, Thinking Maps, color, graphic organizers, etc to show me.
3. Teacher Notes/Thoughts- I decorate the front of a composition notebook with my name, label, and use it to take notes during grade level, write down groups I have made in my classroom, keep lists of things to do, new ideas want to do, etc.  I also glue a orange envelope, report card size, on the back cover. I put any important handouts or copies of things I want to save.
4. Writers Workshop- students decorate the cover with pictures from home then I give them a ziploc baggie to keep it inside of in their desk.
5. Morning Work/Center Work- students write any morning work in their notebook; todays number, math problems, etc.  Sometimes they may need to write something in it during Center Time instead of me having to make a worksheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment